Duplicate Voter ID Card
Voter ID card is the precious identity document that is not only your ticket to vote for the government formation in the state and at the center, but is also a valid identity proof that is required in various applications for other documents such as passport, aadhaar card, driving license etc. Voter ID is also known as EPIC that stands for Electoral Photo Identity Card that is issued by the election commission and distributed by the state election commissioner and booth level officers.
In india pickpockets are everywhere, they are active in trains, buses, stations and in markets, therefore chances of losing your wallet and voter id card in it is always a concern for all of us. Lost Voter ID Card? Here’s What To Do. People generally panic if they lose their voter id card, which is normal because they are not aware of procedure to obtain a new one. In this guide we will guide you on how to apply for a duplicate voter ID in case of lost ID card.
The procedure start with getting the right duplicate voter id card form that is available in your regional state election commissioner’s office or else you can also download it from the CEO website. However, before you proceed to file an application for duplicate id card, there are some legal formalities needs to be completed from your side. Below is the list of tasks you must do to get your second voter id card issues:
1. First of all as soon as you lose your voter id, you must file an FIR at your at the police station of your area. You have to explain the police about how you lost your ID card.
2. Keep a hard copy of the FIR with you, in case the election commission ask you for the same, you can provide it.
3. Now either get the 002 form from regional election commission office or download it from their official website. This form is particularly for those who are applying for duplicate voter id card.
4. Fill in all the details in the form and double check to see the details are correct. Attach a photocopy of FIR with the form.
5. Attach all the required documents for date of birth, photo identity and address proof such as Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
6. Put all the documents in an envelope and submit it to the nearest chief election commission office in your city or district.
Applicants can also opt for online duplicate voter ID issuance procedure which is a lot more simple and also saves time. To do so, follow these steps:
Firstly open the state’s chief election commissioner’s website and there you will see a section for various forms. In that section download the 002 form.
2. Download the Pdf file of form and fill in all the details as aforementioned and attach all the documents required to issue duplicate id.
3. Attach the FIR copy with the form and submit to your nearest CEO office.
Please note that according to rules of election commission it is not mandatory to carry electoral photo identity card with you during a state, Lok Sabha or any other state organized election. If your name is there in the electoral roll of the constituency where you live, you can cast your vote by showing other identity cards such as passport, driving license or Pan Card.
That being said, we strongly urge all our readers to apply for duplicate voter id card because it is an imperative document that every citizen must have as a proof of nationality, photo id proof and as a residence proof as well. We prepared this article to help our readers who have lost their voter id card due to some reason, and we hope that we guided you in the right direction to obtain your duplicate id card. For those who have more questions to ask, please comment below to interact with other readers.